Saturday, 11 June 2016

Stuttering Start




+Stephen Couling (CoulingKnows) 


10/06/2016


So motivation is something i am struggling to find at the moment. I have every intention at waking up at 5am for a run but my laziness is fully set in and i just roll over with the "ill do it tomorrow" mind set.



However i did manage to muster up a run Wednesday evening. It is now Friday and my legs are still sore. I nearly bailed on the idea as i didn't start a jog, i started a fast run. Exactly how i used to about 11 years ago when i was fit. 1 km down and i was puffing like an old man. I felt uncomfortable with how i was running and my lower back began to ache. I had been running about 8 minutes now and i thought fuck this. I started to make my way back. Head hanging in shame as the cold hard reality hit and i finally realized how bad i let myself get. I felt top heavy and the impact with every stride shook my half flabby stomach and it felt very uncomfortable. At that point i turned round and manage to muster up another 3 kilometers so i didn't quite reach 5 but just under 4 KM wasn't a bad first attempt.

Plus i managed to finally wear my plush new blue Nike running shoes.



Now as i mentioned in my first post food is a big thing for me and should it be bad for you i would most probably love it. Domino's, KFC and of course lager and Kebabs. I managed to leave them well alone for about a fortnight and i tried a whole manner of different foods. Chicken Skewers, Couscous, Melon, Strawberries, Steak, Egg, Homemade chips and gods knows what else. Felt a little rabbit like as i was constantly chewing on leaves.



I have worked out what i have to eat and i have had to look towards the supplements as i could not simply eat that much food. Dont get me wrong calorie wise it would be easy eating all the shit stuff but when your lunch is 350 Calories and you snack on fruit. 3500 Calories seems miles away.

I grabbed a beautiful thing from The Protein Works called super greens and it tastes like shit. It is most certainly a hold your nose and get it down you sort of drink. I bought the other standard stuff in whey protein. Yet to buy a gainer but already struggling with wind. Every time i try these i become 10x more musical and as i use public transport for work you can imagine i am getting some funny looks. Letting one slip you cant get away with but 5 or even 6 times on the same journey makes it impossible to pass blame. Especially as i cannot help myself and laugh each time.

So i am slowly changing my ways and getting to the routine that i want. The delay is laziness and i cannot deny that.

Time to kick on and again "MUST TRY HARDER".

I have also committed myself to a football match on Wednesday night. Lets hope that goes better than the dads match!

#SlimToBuff 

No comments:

Post a Comment