Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Prep work


@Coulingknows

25/05/2016

Developed a double chin

So apparently I have been on a slimming world diet for the last few weeks. I felt betrayed. I thought the other half was just trying to do the cooking a little bit better than normal and didn't think anymore if it. 

I have always been a slim fella and much to a lot of friends and families disgust I have never watched what i have eaten. Big sweaty greasy breakfast and then the same again for lunch and dinner. All the lager I could handle and heaps of crisps. Even with that sort of shit being pummelled into my face daily I still stayed slim.

In my late teens I had a busting 6 pack and in all honestly it was through fuck all effort. I knew I was unfit but by appearance, I looked fine. This stayed the case for quite a few years. My eating habits were never great anyway, my first meal of the day used to be my dinner at about 8pm which by that point I was starving. I could and often did go all day without eating and when your working hours are 8am to 5:30pm it's a long time. When I ate in the evenings though I did fill my boots and really tucked in. 

Big daddy Burger
I cannot go all day without eating anymore and I think that is down to quitting smoking. A cigarette used to curb my hunger so when I felt peckish I used to make Coffee and dive out for a fag. Easy and cigarette smoke didn't make you fat.

So with the fact I now have quit smoking and eat during the day my appearance is beginning to change. My body is changing and I do not like it. As I have always eaten rubbish food that is what I have continued to eat. Multi-pack of Snicker's in my work draw as well as biscuits and again loads of crisps. I was no longer hungry but massively aware certain parts of my body tend to move more than they did before. I ran up the stairs after lilz (daughter) and felt my chest move. Then it came to me.... BAM!! I'm about a month away from man titties if I carry on like this. 

It doesn't matter who you are, breast on a man is not a great look. You can't pass that shit off.



Time to do something I thought. My boy's football team was having a fundraiser and we're hosting a dad's match. Beautiful, just what I need. Motivation and something I'm good at. Bad news, I now suck at football. I'm 26 and out of shape, not 16 and trim like my mind obviously thought I was. It was terrible and I was hugely embarrassed.

Front row second from left with the pink boots and dodgy haircut


A big red X and must try harder on that test.

That was a slap and with a few mates starting to get into the gym game I thought it's best I do this now otherwise I will be ordering that bra.

I have downloaded an app called LifeSum from the android play store and it's great. Keeps me up to date on how I'm doing. Trying not to forget what I have eaten is something that is new to me as I can't recall ever logging my meals before but I'm keeping to it and it's going alright, so far. One thing i do really enjoy is the Food. I have to give it to stace some of our dinners look terrible but they taste the nuts. Treat yourself and try Diet coke Chicken. Slimming world recipe. Looks like vomit when cooking but soo nice when ready.

Diet coke Chicken with homemade wedges and Salad


I walk to and from work and have to endure a train commute as well so the step tracker on my phone aims at 10000 steps a day. Luckily during the week, i hit that target daily so at least that is something positive when i am eating 3000 calories a day.

So this is my plan. Go from a slim "wobbly up top" unfit huffer and puffer to a lean mean bicep busting your mother would love me hunk. Ok, i got slightly carried away there but I'm sure you know what i mean. I don't want to turn heads and have people think "DAMN" because wiping my arse is something i feel i need to do and mounting up to a size where that could be difficult isn't something i aspire to be like. But if I'm lean and can handle a good 30-minute kick about with my little man without rolling over dead, that is good enough for me.

I will do all the normal photo taking business healthy people do so feel free to follow my twitter and Instagram @Coulingknows.

Onwards and upwards and best i should get used to the bananas and windy protein shakes.

#SlimToBuff

No comments:

Post a Comment